New Course Reserves Tool
For starters, here are just a few things about Ares we would like for you to know:
- If you wish to add any course materials for the summer semester now, please submit through Reserves Direct. These items will be migrated to the new system by library staff by May 14.
- Summer courses that start before May 14th will continue to use Reserves Direct for the duration of that course.
- Course Reserves provides many features for users including instructor self-service or library staff full-service, requesting directly through discoverE, integration into Blackboard, immediate access to uploaded materials, physical and electronic items all displayed in one easy-to-view place, the ability to archive and reactivate past course materials, the ability to group course materials by subject and dates, automated email notifications for newly added materials, system generated process statuses for pending requests, and much more.
- We will be migrating three full years of Reserves Direct course materials into the new software. This includes complete course materials from Fall 2011 through Spring 2014. Summer or Fall 2014 course materials added to Reserves Direct before May 14 will also be migrated.
- We will be happy to migrate earlier course materials on an on-demand basis. Please contact your home reserves library for more information.
- The current Course Reserves URL (http://ereserves.library.emory.edu) will link to the new tool effective May 14. Please contact your home reserves library for access to Reserves Direct after May 14.
If you would like to learn more about the new Course Reserves project, please contact your home reserves library or email@example.com. Training materials will be available later in the spring.